- 1. UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel Set - Dharma Yoga Prop Wheel
- 2. pete's choice Dharma Yoga Wheel with Bonus eBook & Free Yoga Strap
- 3. Risefit Yoga Wheel - Strongest Most Comfortable Dharma Yoga Prop Wheel
- 4. Elevens Yoga Wheel Set of 3, Dharma Yoga Prop Wheel
- 5. Realign Back Wheel: Back Pain Relief, Foam Roller
- 6. Shogun Sports Yoga Wheel
When you look at a yoga wheel, it’s hard to imagine that it is anything more than a torture device. However, seasoned yogis who have become bored with their regular yoga routines have been enjoying the additional challenges of incorporating a yoga wheel into their everyday workout with fantastic results. One of the best reasons to get yourself a yoga wheel is that it gives you the ability to stretch over the wheel in such a way that your body is supported during even the most difficult of stretches.
A yoga wheel is great for helping you stretch further and more comfortably than ever before as well as helping you improve your overall flexibility and stability. The best yoga wheels will transform an ordinary yoga session into something extraordinary and help you minimize the risk of injury even during some really rigorous workouts. For similar fitness equipment, check out our list of jumping trainers too.
The Best Yoga Wheel
Superior quality construction
Comfort-focused dense performance padding
Weight Limit: Up to 550 lbs.
Decompress your back
Sweat Resistant Foam Padding
Includes an 18-Pose Yoga Wheel Guide PDF
Elevate your next yoga routine with the is UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel Set. This one is made with superior quality construction and with a weight limit of up to 550 lbs., you can be certain it won’t be disintegrating beneath you. This is one of the strongest yoga wheels on the market and can help you decompress your back as well as giving your muscles a deep tissue massage that will effectively release tension and stress. The outer layer of this awesome yoga wheel features a sweat-resistant foam padding and you’ll really need it once you get the hang of working out with this yoga wheel. Best of all, this is actually a 3 yoga wheel set in different sizes so you can use these wheels as part of a full-body yoga workout. It also comes with an 18 pose yoga wheel guide in PDF form so you can gradually work your way into a new level of fitness.
Strongest Yoga Wheels on the market
Built to last a lifetime
Give your muscles a deep tissue massage
Releases muscle tension and stress
May feel uncomfortable to use at first
Comfy & ultra-durable yoga/dharma wheel
Made of high-quality, durable ABS material
Temperature resistant materials
Free eBook with 16 soothing & rejuvenating poses
Ideal for yoga and relieving back pain
Combine yoga with this great Dharma Yoga Wheel from pete’s choice and get the most out of your routine. This is a high-quality yoga wheel made from durable ABS material that has been designed to last. This is a comfy and ultra-durable yoga and dharma wheel that allows the yogi in you to create a deeper asana and alleviate back pain. The materials are temperature resistant so you can work on your yoga wheel without it changing during a hot and heavy workout and you also get a free eBook with 16 soothing and rejuvenating poses to get you started on a healthier, more fit and flexible you. It also comes with a sturdy strap for additional stability for some of the more challenging poses so you can really get into those moves that were out of reach in the past.
Create deeper asana
Sturdy, safe, and comfortable
Free sturdy strap for additional stability
May lose its strength after prolonged use
Made of eco-friendly foam TPE
Strong inner ABS tube
Designed to help increase flexibility & strength
Stunning print inside wheel
Bonus yoga strap
If your daily routine leaves you with a stiff, sore back you need to limber it up on this Risefit Yoga Wheel. This easy to use yoga wheel is made of eco-friendly foam TPE with a strong inner ABS tube. It has been designed to help increase flexibility and strength as well as help you stretch and release the knots in your muscles. It’s also a great prop to assist you with those somewhat difficult yoga poses.
This yoga wheel features a stunning print inside the wheel and comes with a bonus yoga strap so you can increase and change the poses you are comfortable working with. Get rolling and feel your muscles get stronger every day.
A great prop to assist with yoga poses
Stretch and release tight muscles
Challenging to get used to
Superior 6mm padding
3 Sizes – 12, 10, 6 inches
3 different pressure levels
Withstand 150kg of weight
Safe, slip-resistant outer layer
Ideal for stretching and massaging
The only thing better than a yoga wheel is three yoga wheels and this set of 3 Dharma Yoga Prop Wheels from Elevens are the key to massaging your aches and pains away while getting a really good stretch while improving your flexibility and posture. The three different sizes also mean you get three different pressure levels and with the safe, slip-resistant outer layer, you can be sure of avoiding unnecessary injuries.
Apart from being great devices to relieve back pain, these fantastic yoga wheels can also help you improve your yoga workout. Stretch into those tricky poses and work your way into a stronger body. You can even set up your wheels on multiple yoga mats for an invigorating session in the comfort of your home.
3 different sizes customize for every position
Relive back pain and Improve back bends
Improve your yoga workout
Does not come with instructions or guide
Back straightener & posture corrector wheel
Crafted to the highest standards
Reinforced materials that never bend or warp
Acupressure grooves to relieve aches
Suitable for yoga and post-workout stretching
The beauty of yoga is that it is the ultimate form of exercise for those that want a low impact way to loosen tight muscles while strengthening them at the same time. Add a Realign Back Wheel: Back Pain Relief, Foam Roller to your workout, and you can increase the effectiveness of your yoga routine and relieve the tension of backache while you shift from one pose to another. This back straightener and posture corrector has been crafted to the highest standards with reinforced materials that never bend or warp. It also features acupressure grooves that penetrate deep to relieve aching muscles. With this great yoga wheel, you can easily massage hard to reach muscles and help improve circulation and blood flow. It’s suitable for yoga, post-workout stretching, and achieving deep tissue massages to bring your whole body into happy alignment. If this is one of your favorite products from our list, make sure to check out our buying guide with best foam rollers for similar products.
Crafted with special grooves to work deep into muscles
Easily massages hard to reach muscles
Helps improve circulation and blood flow
May not be suitable for heavier individuals
Designed to help improve flexibility
Ideal for all Yoga Enthusiasts
TPE Padding & Rigid Core
Strong adhesive binding between layers
Available in different sizes
The Shogun Sports Yoga Wheel has been designed to help you improve your flexibility and your muscle tone while you work out. It features TPE padding and a rigid core to offer you complete support while you exercise and strong adhesive binding between the layers for added strength. This yoga wheel is ideal for all yoga enthusiasts regardless of your skill levels and it can help you master challenging poses much faster while facilitating sequential posing. It is available in different sizes so you can work on different muscle groups and a variety of exercises so put on your yoga shoes and start today.
Improve muscle and spine flexibility
Master Challenging poses faster
Facilitate sequential posing
Can feel too rigid at first
Yoga Wheel Buying Guide And FAQ
Features To Look For In A Yoga Wheel
When you look at seasoned yogis working their backs over a yoga wheel, it can look extremely challenging and even painful. Many people do feel some discomfort when they first start using a yoga wheel, but with the right technique and frequent practice, the pain quickly subsides, and using a yoga wheel becomes a pleasure rather than a pain. To ensure a smooth transition from regular yoga to yoga with a wheel, look at some of the features before choosing the right yoga wheel for you.
Size – Yoga wheels come in a variety of different sizes, but they are generally referred to as small, medium, or large. The larger yoga wheels are good for backbends and achieving deeper poses, as well as assisting you for beginner poses and even some advanced asanas. Medium yoga wheels are ideal for smaller people and for getting into deeper backbends and the smaller yoga wheels are perfect for stretching and balancing poses as well as reaching and massaging sore muscles.
Comfort – Most people new to using a yoga wheel can expect some discomfort when they first start exercising with one, but the pain shouldn’t be severe. Many yoga wheels have a decent level of padding on the outer layer so if you are just starting out or if you are recovering from injury, look for a yoga wheel with a decent amount of padding that will make using one a lot easier with less discomfort.
Materials – Part of the appeal of exercising with a yoga wheel is that it minimizes the risk of injury. With this in mind, you really need to be selective when it comes to choosing a yoga wheel made of the right materials. The core should be very sturdy and rigid so that it does not bend or warp while you are transitioning from one pose to another. This aspect of the yoga wheel is crucial to ensure you will not suddenly fall off or the wheel loses its integrity.
Quality – Considering the positions you can expect to put yourself in on a yoga wheel, quality is of the utmost importance. One false move when you are in such a compromised pose can result in serious injury. You can get away with cheaper products for use during your yoga workouts, but a yoga wheel isn’t one of them. Look for the best quality yoga wheel you can afford to keep you safe and stable while you exercise and to ensure you’ll be using your wheel for a decent amount of time.
Weight Capacity – Pay attention to the weight your yoga wheel can take. While they are quite strong and rigid, they do have their limits. If you are of a heavier build and are using a yoga wheel that is not suitable for your weight, the wheel can buckle or break beneath you and this can result in serious injury. If you are in doubt, it’s always better to choose a yoga wheel that can take a much higher weight capacity.
Yoga Wheel FAQ
Q: What is a Yoga Wheel?
A: A yoga wheel is a hard cylinder-shaped wheel with a softer padded exterior. It is used by yoga enthusiasts to assist them in those challenging yoga poses that are especially difficult to achieve. The main purpose of a yoga wheel is to open up your shoulders and chest while supporting the curvature of your spine. It is also a great tool for massaging aching back muscles while releasing stress and tension along the spine.
Q: Who should use a Yoga Wheel?
A: The good news is, anyone can use a yoga wheel and it can be a fantastic tool for anyone not yet comfortable with trying to complete backbends or those especially challenging poses. A yoga wheel offers you better balance and support when trying those difficult poses which will help you get the most out of your yoga routine and perfect your poses a lot faster.
Q: What are the benefits of using a Yoga Wheel?
A: There are a number of benefits of using a yoga wheel and they don’t necessarily need to be used for yoga. While there is no doubt a yoga wheel is great for assisting you with the more challenging yoga poses, this versatile wheel can benefit you in other ways as well. It can help you achieve better balance and improve your core strength. We all know that strengthening your core is a great way of aligning your spine and enhancing your flexibility. A strong core has also shown to improve your overall health giving you even more reason to work on this vital muscle group.
You can also use a yoga wheel to give yourself a deep tissue massage. Some of the yoga wheels included in our selection feature acupressure bumps that penetrate deep into the muscles giving you instant relief. You can also use a smaller yoga wheel to massage those hard to reach areas such as in between your shoulders.
Finally, we can’t discuss the benefits of a yoga wheel without delving into yoga poses. Use the yoga wheel to give you support and stability when trying to complete some of the more difficult poses such as the inverted ones.
Q: What is the best way to incorporate a Yoga Wheel into your regular routine?
A: There are a number of ways you can work a yoga wheel to improve your usual workout and they include:
- Lengthening and stretching your body over the yoga wheel. You can do this by lying over the wheel and stretching your arms over your head as comfortably as you can. Once you are stable, you can also stretch your feet in front of you to maximize the stretch.
- Fully tone your body by using your yoga wheel. The different positions you can put yourself in on a yoga wheel are almost limitless so check some online videos or ask someone who has already been using a yoga wheel for the best exercises to perform for full-body toning.
- Massage your spine and improve your mobility. A stiff back is no laughing matter and a yoga wheel can do much to improve your mobility. You can gently massage your spine and improve your flexibility. With regular use, a yoga wheel is certain to improve your flexibility and mobility while easing any aches and pains you may be experiencing.
- Enjoy improved stability. If you find yourself teetering about and having to constantly watch your step, a yoga wheel can help improve your core balance which will in turn improve your overall stability. With regular practice with a yoga wheel, you will start to see a marked improvement in your overall agility, balance, and stability.
Q: What types of exercises can you do with a Yoga Wheel?
A: If you’re new to working out with a yoga wheel, it’s important to start with simple exercises and remember that you only need to stretch to a limit that is comfortable for you. You can start with some of these simple exercises:
- Yoga Wheel Plank – This is similar to a regular plank but your arms need to be straight and in line with your shoulders. Rest the arch of your feet on the yoga wheel for balance and hold the poison for as long as you can, building up to 30 seconds or more.
- The Plow Pose – The ordinary plow is a favorite with yoga enthusiasts but you can elevate this great pose with your yoga wheel. Lie on your back and lift your legs straight up in the air. You can then position your yoga wheel directly behind your buttocks. You can then gradually lower your legs over your head, keeping them straight. Hold the pose for as long as it is comfortable.
- Back & Spine Extension – It’s quite challenging to fully extend your back and spine, but yoga is a great exercise to do this. You can elevate this great extension and extend your chest, as well as your back and spine. Start this pose by sitting in front of your yoga wheel. Lean back over the wheel, extending your arms over your head while also extending your feet and legs in front of you. Stay in this position as long as you feel comfortable.
- Open Shoulder Extension – For an intense stretch for the often-tight spot between your shoulders, this one is a real winner. Lay over the wheel and carefully slide your body over the wheel, extending your arms in front of you as you move forward. Once your chest is comfortable on the yoga mat, extend your legs in the air, while supporting the front of your thighs on the yoga wheel. Hold this position, inhaling and exhaling deeply 8 to 10 times.
- Quad Stretch – This one is not for the faint-hearted and may be best left until you’re certain you can do so without losing your balance. Hold the wheel in your left hand and bend your left knee until you can hook your left foot inside the wheel. Move your torso forward, lifting your foot higher until you can rest your fingertips on the mat. Repeat with your right side.
- The Pidgeon Pose – This is a really challenging pose but one that is worth you working towards. Kneel in front of your yoga wheel and position your back over the wheel. Reach your arms over the wheel as far as you can and then bring them forward until you have a firm hole of your yoga wheel. You’ll definitely feel your chest and shoulders open up with this one.
If you’ve become bored with your usual yoga routine, a yoga wheel can certainly spice up your workout and help you stretch in ways you never thought possible. If you’re a newbie with yoga or a yoga wheel, take it slowly. Rushing into the different poses before your body is ready can result in injury and put you out of commission for weeks, if not months. Start with some of the easier poses and work towards the more challenging ones and you’ll reap the benefits of incorporating this great piece of equipment into your daily workout.